Selling online has more than a few perks. Statistics suggest that global eCommerce sales will reach an astonishing $6.5 trillion by 2023.
But, most people deprive themselves of the huge profits that eCommerce has to offer. This is because setting up an eCommerce website seems a big task.
However, it doesn’t have to be that way. Welcome, WooCommerce- your ultimate solution to building eCommerce website and start selling online in minutes.
WooCommerce Plugins are great for building your websites for online selling. if you’re worried on how to get started with it, don’t worry! We’re here for you.
Here’s a step by step guide on how you can set up your WooCommerce store. We’ll also tell you the tips and tricks to leveraging its beneficial features-
What is WooCommerce?
Are you an e-commerce business owner with products or services to sell? Or do you want to start earning from your WordPress website?
WooCommerce Plugin provides the perfect solution. It assists in transforming a normal WordPress internet site into an online eCommerce shop.
WooCommerce is a WordPress eCommerce plugin. It is open-source. It is popular among eCommerce store owners due to its features. Some of which include various shipping and settlement approaches, variable items, and more. Many large- and small companies have started utilizing WooCommerce on a broad scale.
Now let’s take a look at how to install WooCommerce on your WordPress site.
Step by Step Guide to Setting Up Your WooCommerce Store
Setting Up and Installing WooCommerce
WooCommerce is a free plugin for WordPress. It can be downloaded from the official directory site of WordPress plugins. To begin the download process, you will have to log in to your admin WordPress account.
To start installing WooCommerce, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Go to the WordPress dashboard. From the left side menu, choose Plugins.
- Click on Add New. In the search bar, type WooCommerce.
- In the search results page, find WooCommerce and click on Install now.
- As soon as the setup is full, click on the button Activate.
A welcome message will be the first thing you see from WooCommerce. Click on the purple button to run the setup wizard.
Alternatively, you can also use the WooCommerce wizard’s help -> Help -> Configuration Wizard section.
The following points below give all the details regarding the setup process:
- Set the nation, currency, address, and also the type of products you intend to sell.
- Click ‘Let’s Go’ as soon as you are done!
- Select from the various repayment methods for your shop. A couple of alternatives include —Stripe, PayPal, and different offline payments.
- Set up the shipping details for different regions — local and worldwide.
- Thereafter, set the delivery limit you plan on spending (a level price or cost-free delivery).
- Next is setting the preferred unit of the dimension. It also gives the option of various carrier services. The extensions of services like FedEx and UPS are provided.
Setting Up Extensions
WooCommerce will ask you to allow four of the most popular extensions. These are-
- Facebook combination
- Automated Texas
- WooCommerce Admin
You will then be set off to link your shop with Jetpack. Jetpack additionally offers more advantages. They include better safety along with shop monitoring. This feature provides the promotion of items, and the capability to see the store statistics in detail.
To develop an account in Jetpack by providing your email address, username, as well as password. After authorizing, you will relocate to the last section of the installation procedure.
If you have created a CSV file consisting of the name of your items, select Import products. Alternatively, click ‘Create an item’. This will permit you to start adding items.
This helps classify your products. If you want to sell clothes, ‘top-wear,’ ‘bottom wear,’ as well as ‘nightwear’ are item categories. These items allow the customer to find items from the identical classification. Moreover, you can develop as many collections as you require and modify them anytime.
This helps filter the items either by size, fabric, color, or merchandise. It also depends on the searches of the customers. It assists them in choosing their preferred items.
Predefined item types have been stored in WooCommerce. It helps you to save your time. The item types are:
● Simple – an isolated item that is delivered without other additional selections. Such as a physical book.
● Grouped — Connected items can be grouped, such as drinking glasses
● Digital — these are items that need no shipping. It is because they do not count as physical entities. It includes solutions.
● Downloadable — electronic products that can be downloaded, like Songs, videos, images, e-books.
● External – Some products are promoted on the website. But they are sold in a different store. It consists of those items.
● Variable – Products that have variable standards and qualities. The top attributes might be sizes, shoes, garments, and colors.
Adding Your Items to WooCommerce
With several item options, it might become confusing to add your items to WooCommerce. Do not stress.
You can simply follow the steps below-
- From the WordPress control panel, navigate to Products. Then go to Create Product.
- Alternatively, float on Products. Then click on Add New.
- Enter your item’s name and also include a full description. Guarantee that it consists
- of relevant information regarding your product.
- Scroll to the section Product information. Then select the product kind. Establish extra information– expense, supply and supply, shipping, connected products, and so on.
- To add a summary, navigate to the end of the page. Here, you can provide a summary to be shown listed under the product’s name.
- Add the item classifications, tags, and a highlighted image. You may include product gallery pictures as well. These controls correspond to the controls required for a WordPress article.
- The only distinction is the Directory direct exposure alternative which has these options:
- Shop and also search engine results: Your items will be seen throughout search results, categories, and pages of the shop.
- Shop or Internet search engine results only: All products will appear only on the store as well as category web pages or on the search results page.
- Hidden: The items will be seen exclusively on the individual item page. They will certainly not be readily available on other web pages.
- As soon as you are more than satisfied with the defined settings, check the Preview and then press Publish.
Let’s take a look at how WooCommerce will handle your products.
- Replicating a product: Each product has a duplicate button. WooCommerce will produce and start a brand-new item draft for modification.
- Marking an item as featured: The Star symbol should be clicked on the items of your
- requirement. The homepage can display these featured items. They can also be
- displayed in various posts by utilizing short-codes.
- Deleting a product. The Bin button should be clicked. It comes beneath the item name as you float over it.
A Quick Overview of WooCommerce’s Fantastic Features
- High Scalability – Irrespective of the type, style, or the extent of the product range, WooCommerce works best for all online stores. The platform can be easily optimized to sell both physical as well as non-physical products.
- Maximum Flexibility – Be it theme and color options, shipping settings, or payment options, WooCommerce gives maximum choice and flexibility to the owner.
- Friendly and Secure – Woocommerce storefront is a highly secure theme for all types of transactions. It is developer-friendly, easily integrates with third-party services, and well documented.
- High Extensibility – There are several paid and free extensions available for WooCommerce that can help you to integrate and manage analytics, billing, legal compliances, shipping, and more or less every other aspect of your online storefront with ease directly from the dashboard.
- Payment Gateways – While starting in e-commerce business, handling payments is a vital aspect. These extensions enable businesses’ in accepting payment through multiple methods.
- Shipping Extensions – This extension allows you to configure automated rate comparison of various shipping companies like UPS or FedEx.
- Accounting Extensions – It will let you integrate any accounting tool of your choice into your e-commerce site.
- Bookings -This extension allows shoppers to book appointments for services while keeping them on your website.
- Subscriptions – Returning customers is one of the prominent signs of any e-commerce growth. This extension allows customers to subscribe to your products or services while paying an annual or monthly fee.
So, now that we have a clear picture of the “Why”
Have Multiple Online Stores? Try WooCommerce Multistore
WooCommerce Multistore is a great plugin by WooCommerce that allows you to simultaneously run multiple online stores.
Moreover, with the expansion of business across the horizons of the internet, it has become mandatory to adopt an organized approach to run an online business.
Gone are the days when businesses and services were confined to their places of origin. With the advent of WooCommerce Multistore, small scale businesses can be showcased and delivered across the world.
Do you run a business in your town or village?
What if this business is introduced to internet platforms and is advertised all over the world!
Don’t just sit and imagine. Instead, try WooCommerce Multistore!
How Much Does it Cost to Run An Online Store?
Isn’t the major concern while starting an online business is a capital investment?
Although WordPress and WooCommerce are free and open-source platforms, there are still some minimal expenses you need to expand when you start an online store.
As mentioned above, WooCommerce is a plugin. First of all, you need a WordPress website that can facilitate the use of plugins.
Then, you need a host for your store. SiteGround, Bluehost and Pressable are some of the highly recommendable hosts offered by WordPress and WooCommerce.
Hosting ranges from 301 INR per month to 3,77,450 INR per month. You may also be offered discounts if you buy hosting services for two or more years. 11,323 INR per month is the average hosting price you will have to pay.
Registering a Domain
The next expense comes with registering your domain or site name. On average, domain names can cost 1,132 INR per year for each domain. Domain names can be brought from your hosts or domain registrars like Godaddy. Furthermore, it also offers discounts if you are willing to buy hosting services for two or more years.
Theme Cost comes under the category of optional costs. It is not mandatory to buy a paid theme. You can buy themes if you want to make your store stand out of the line. Free themes are simple, similar, and lack updates.
Furthermore, themes are an easy approach to make your store attractive with many helpful features. The theme can cost you 1,509 INR to 7,549 INR per month on average.
Out of all the themes offered by WordPress, WooCommerce storefront is the most efficient. It is a free WordPress theme that offers deep integration with WooCommerce. It is flexible and easy to use.
Store Management Costs
Managing an online store brings along the expenses of shipping and payment gateways.
Shipping- Flat Rate Shipping, free shipping, local pickups are some of the shipping options by WooCommerce.
More advanced choices like Table Rate Shipping (around 7,473 INR), Rate shipping (around 473 INR). On average, shipping can cost from 0 INR to 8,152 INR per year.
Payment Gateways to ensure safe and secure online payments. There is variation in cost and structure for each payment gateway. WooCommerce already offers the best options.
On average, a monthly fee of 0 INR to 2,264 INR per month.
Customer Communication, SEO, and Security comprises the expenses under Running Costs. WooCommerce offers the best available options.
Following is the list of estimated costs-
- Communication- up to 26,270 INR per year
- SEO- up to 7,963 INR per year
- Security-up to 22,647 INR per year
How to Choose a Host?
Following points should be taken care of while selecting a host for your store:
- Several sites on your server- Large number of sites can slow down the processes. Due to this, customization may become inconvenient. Hence, opt for a lesser number of sites.
- Customer Service- Ensure the availability of strong customer Service Systems ( phone calls, live chats, forums, etc. ) for 24*7.
- Security Features- Strong security features such as e-mail spam filters, malware prevention, and automatic backups should also be ensured.
- Server Uptime- Uptime means the time percentage during which your website can run.
- Ensure high server uptime.
- Easy Scaling – Ensure that you can upgrade your hosting plan easily as your store grows. Also, make sure you don’t have to change your hosting plan, as your store increases.
How to Set Up A New WooCommerce Store?
WooCommerce Multistore is a plugin that allows you to manage and sync products and stocks across all your web stores in one go. It also enables you to distribute the same products to your various stores.
Here is a series of steps that are to be followed to set up a new WooCommerce Store:
- Create a self-hosted WordPress site with a business plan. Visit the plugin section from your dashboard and activate the WooCommerce plugin.
- Your installation will start a setup wizard to ask questions like a currency that is to be used, whether the products are physical or digital, etc. Fill all the details according to your preferences and click Continue.
- In the next step, you will be asked to choose your payment processor. Choose your preferences from all the options provided. Choose bank transfer or COD and click continue.
- The final step is to choose your shipping option. In this section, weights, and dimension
- units are to be filled to estimate shipping costs.
- As a result of your registration process, your eCommerce store is ready to use.
How to Optimize Your Website Using the Woocommerce Plugin?
One of the foremost factors that affect the traffic on your website is seamless functioning and easy navigation. If a customer can purchase with the least hassle, chances are that they will return to your site again, or recommend you to their friends and family.
Choose a Layout that Resonates with Your Brand
To ensure that your customers like what you sell, you need to choose a layout for your website that goes well with your product. While selecting a layout for your website, it is best to remember that often the minute details determine whether your website is up to standards.
The best designs ensure that the necessary information remains easy to spot. For example, the descriptions, prices, shipping charges, and return policy need to be in prominent places. Moreover, the layout needs to ensure that the customer does not feel lost, and can quickly move from one section to the next with the utmost ease.
Your customers might face difficulties in locating products, necessary information, and other relevant details. As a result, they may take their business to your competitors.
The default setting for the layout for those who use the Woocommerce plugin is a grid. However, this may or may not work out well for your business. To display your products in the best light possible, it is best to choose a layout that is equal to what you intend to sell.
For those who wish to sell items that appeal to visual aesthetics, the grid layout is usually the best option to showcase your products. On the other hand, if you are selling items that do not have a visual appeal, you can choose other layouts that prioritize information over aesthetics.
However, it is best to choose a layout that provides excellent visuals for customers who wish to find their products quickly, without any hassle associated with slow websites and unwieldy designs.
Monitor the Quality of Images and Videos Used
Ideally, for the highest conversion rates, a page should load between 1.8 seconds to 2.7 seconds across all types of devices. However, for those who sell products that depend on visual appeal, better quality and high-resolution images always lead to more sales.
If your pictures accurately represent the product on sale, research shows that customers are more likely to make a purchase. Products with more than one image also sell better than products with just one image.
However, a large number of high-quality images usually leads to a slow and lagging website. This can dramatically reduce the number of people who wait for the page to load to make a purchase.
Thus, it is imperative to achieve the perfect balance between aesthetics and functionality. For this, you need to choose the ideal tools to compress your images, so that you can have a faster loading website without compromising on the visuals.
To compress your images, you may use plugins like EWWW Image Optimiser or TinyPng. This will effectively reduce both file type and loading time without adversely affecting the aesthetic appeal of your website.
If you are willing to pay for the image compression plugin, you can also opt for plugins like Imagify for a smoother experience.
If you have videos that you wish to share with potential customers, video hosts like YouTube, Wistia and Vimeo are the best choices available for you to embed product videos on your website while ensuring optimum loading speed.
However, if you have videos integrated within the design of your website, it is best to use a highly compressed version so that it loads as fast as possible.
For video compression, you can use tools such as FormatFactory and HandBrake, which ensure that your website’s performance is not affected by the videos you use.
Before choosing any plugins for compression, it is best to ensure that the plugins are compatible with other plugins that you are using, such as WooZone.
Research Your Options Before Choosing a Hosting Plan
Careful consideration is necessary before you choose a hosting plan for your e-commerce website, as your hosting plan has a considerable impact on the loading speed.
To ensure optimum performance, your choice of the hosting service should be followed by a well-thought-out decision on the choice of the hosting package.
Choosing the right plan is as important as choosing the right service since the hosting plan needs to be cost-effective as well as efficient.
For those who begin with a shared hosting plan, it is best to upgrade to a managed hosting account that is optimized for Woocommerce, so that your website loads at the highest speed possible.
Smaller e-commerce websites usually start with a shared hosting package to minimise the cost of maintenance. Still, they fail to notice that the lower price usually also entails reduced performance.
Additionally, a slow-loading website is most likely to drive the traffic away from your website. However, in shared hosting plans, several websites share computing resources. They also share data space on the same server. This results in greater loading time and a subsequent loss of revenue.
When you are looking for a hosting provider, it is also essential to look at their added benefits. Some hosts provide 24×7 customer support, which is extremely important to ensure that your website is never down.
Research your hosting package as well as the services well before making a choice— look for services that are highly recommended, have strong uptime guarantees and provide immense backup capacity.
How to Create an Ideal E-Commerce Experience Using WooCommerce?
WordPress is famous for Content Management System amounting to 61.8% of CMS market share across the globe as of now. Moreover, the good news is, installation of WooCommerce is a paramount advantage to it.
According to research, “WooCommerce has power over almost 28% of all eCommerce”. A lot of entrepreneurs grasp their online business through blogs so that they can aid the online sales and content of the website under one roof.
As woocommerce is a free, open-source plugin, it works well with every WordPress website without any trouble. It is not challenging for the user at all as it looks and behaves like WordPress.
Infinite Personalized Themes
Ecommerce alone does not mean having an online store for your business. It is more than just that! An effective website means, a better user engagement and an impressive user interface. The way a website looks depends on the theme that one uses.
You can easily get access to free and paid themes from WooThemes shop. There are endless theme shops available from where attracting themes can easily be downloaded.
To format the layout of website pages, woocommerce allows changes in the default Cascading Style Sheet. Just by editing the code, one can see the exquisite features a theme has to offer.
Not only this, but personalized themes are also the ultimate bargaining chip – customize shopping cart, product pages, and checkout page themes.
Enhanced User Engagement
The first impression of the website matters the most in terms of enhanced user engagement. Converting the halted shopping into a successful order, user experience matters the most.
Woocommerce aids in building a friendly user experience within a short time. It is easy to manage. This is since all instructions are to the point. Alternatively, within a few minutes, an entrepreneur knows how and why it brings easiness to the table.
It gives customers a varied list of payment and shipping options.
Another dimension of creating a better user experience is by allowing social media checkout availability. Instead of creating a new account for your eCommerce store, it allows the customer to long-in via social media handles – Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.
This process removes the hindrance of entering your personal information and eases the entire checkout process. If the customer has a PayPal account, then its credentials can be picked up and used for final payments.
Analysis of the Business
To measure the performance of any business, it is essential to create a contrast between the number – sales, profits, revenue, expenses etc. For companies that have just started exploring the online store options, analytical and business tools may be a foreign concept.
Woocommerce comes equipped with analytics and business tools that help an entrepreneur to create a graphical and statistical representation of numbers. Only after such an analysis, you can come to know what are the strengths and weaknesses of your business.
To keep a record for inventory, it also has a core store manager feature. It allows you to maintain a record of physical as well as online inventory. This makes the entire process of inventory management effortless. Also, the aid of the advanced tool helps in the calculation of taxes.
Influence of Add-ons on Business
The more, the better it is for a business. Well, this is true in the case of woocommerce. As mentioned above, it is an open-source plugin that aids in online sales efficiency. However, this isn’t all.
If you are looking for more, then this has the power to deliver it by its advanced options feature. This collection is a mix of free and paid features. There are approximately 400 advanced plugins on woocommerce and others. And one can easily choose from these.
The free and paid extensions add the following features to your eCommerce store-
- Scheduling an appointment (essential for businesses like business consultation, salon services, fitness sessions, counselling sessions, and home services)
- Tracking an order (ease for both the parties)
- Offering huge discounts
- Accepting Square payments (in-person)
- A section for membership availing customers
- Managing events, webinars, course sales tickets
These extensions are a perfect cohort for marketing, sales, inventory, accounting, payment, reporting and many more methods. To make your online store look more appealing, one can opt for extensions such as customised coupons/vouchers.
It is a fact that this free plugin can easily be installed on WordPress. However, if you are about to open your online shop, then building an eCommerce website straight on woocommerce is a great option.
To Reach the Global Audience
If you are targeting the global audience, then your website needs to connect with that audience as well. This means it should deliver the language of your target audience. Creating a different website for different target groups does not sound economical.
Therefore, a woocommerce multilingual plugin translates your website in the native language of your audience. This will send an email stating the facts about your products to various customers in their preferred language.
Not only this, but it also allows doing business in different currencies.
Making eCommerce Payments Simpler: WooCommerce Square
One of the most secure options to accept payments online is the WooCommerce Square extension. Square is a popular payment processor that has now partnered with WooCommerce to make online payments easy. It not only provides payment options but also helps you maintain inventories and data easily.
The Square extension enhances this open-source plugin. It is a centralized platform for different channels. It makes online payments cost-effective and hassle-free.
Now, you don’t have to waste any time or effort maintaining manual records of your payments.
As for customers, if they have products that they like and a secure payment option, they are
coming back for more.
Advantages of WooCommerce Square Extension
As an individual with a business, you have done your research on the several
payment options available to you. You would have observed that WooCommerce Square is
one of the most preferred payment extensions.
This is solely because of several advanced features that are included in it. It is constantly upgraded to give you reliable e-commerce solutions. Before you learn how to apply this extension on your WordPress site, let us take a look at some significant benefits:
The Square extension for the WooCommerce booking plugin can be integrated with zero upfront costs. You do not have to worry about any long-term payments towards the extension. Users will make payments to Square only when a sale is completed on their website.
There are zero hidden fees. This makes it one of the most affordable solutions for start-ups or new e-commerce platforms. Payments made towards Square depend upon the region and the type of transaction made. It accepts both in-person payments as well as online transactions.
The funds from all the transactions are transferred to your account within one or two working days. This is one of the primary reasons for the popularity of this payment extension.
Advanced security features
This extension is PCI compliant but does not include any additional security fees or PCI fees. You also have the advantage of end-to-end encryption. Square also has a skilled fraud prevention team that monitors each account 24/7.
The team makes sure that Square is sensitive to several signals of fraud to prevent them faster. They also keep in mind the trends of cybercrime and stay ahead.
Secure Card Savings
To make payments easier for recurring customers, Square allows them to save the card details. It is completely secure. They can also add different labels to these payment methods to make them easier to identify when making payments.
Easy Inventory Management
Square can be used as a payment method with any WooCommerce Booking plugin. This allows you to maintain a catalogue of your products on both platforms. You can automatically or manually sync products on WooCommerce to the Square extension and vice versa.
That way, the inventory is updated instantly on both platforms when you purchase items. Even changes in the pricing, name, or description of these products are updated on both platforms instantly. Now, you don’t have to do the same thing twice.
You can save your time to focus on other important aspects of your business.
Who Can Use WooCommerce Square?
Of course, everyone can make use of WooCommerce Square. However, there are a few prerequisites for this extension:
- First, you need a WooCommerce booking plugin. Square is only compatible with version 3.0 or more.
- Your website should be secured with an SSL certificate. It will keep all the confidential data on your website secure.
- You need to set up a Square account. You will get a “Connect with Square” option when you download the WooCommerce plugin.
Remember, WooCommerce Square is currently available in only certain regions. Be sure to check if it is available in your country before purchasing the WooCommerce plugin.
How Does WooCommerce Square Work?
To use the WooCommerce booking plugin, you need your online store. You can create your product catalogue and start selling from the online space. If you use the services of logistics aggregators like Shipping101 for shipping purposes, this plugin is also compatible with their app.
WooCommerce Square is the most recommended payment option. For start-ups, both online and offline payment options should be available. This ensures that you do not miss out on any customer.
The good news is that WooCommerce Square works both ways. With the online WooCommerce Square extension, you instantly get a payment gateway that accepts all major credit cards. So the customer just checks out after choosing the products like any other e-commerce store.
Then, they enter the details of the card and make a secure payment. Next, Square can be integrated with your POS as well. This means that all payments that you accept offline will be synced to the Square application. That way, you have all the records that you require in one place.
Once the transaction is complete, the funds will be transferred to the bank account that is linked to your Square app. It is easy, seamless, and, most importantly, reliable.
If you are a start-up looking for the most affordable payment processor, WooCommerce Square is your best option. All the complaints are directed to a dedicated dispute management team. Thereafter, they are resolved at the earliest.
Why WooCommerce Storefront Is the Best Theme for Your eCommerce Store?
WooCommerce Storefront is a great WooCommerce theme for business owners everywhere. It comes with features such as great integration, complete WooCommerce compatibility, better page speed and so much more.
If you are a business that has a WordPress site, WooCommerce is the answer to all your e- commerce woes. It has over 5 million active installations. This makes WooCommerce the most popular WordPress e-commerce plug-in.
Multiple Options to Choose From
A wide range of free and paid extensions and themes are available on WooCommerce, which ensure that your e-commerce store is launched as seamlessly as possible and in as little time.
The themes help you design your online store and control how it looks. WooCommerce is essentially open-source, which means its code can be accessed by third-party developers and used to design themes or extensions for it.
Therefore, many of the WooCommerce themes you see today are created and maintained by third-party developers.
There are thousands of WooCommerce themes you can choose from – each with its own set of features and functionalities. With such a vast selection of themes, you may find it difficult to select the one that meets all your requirements.
However, there are a few important factors that you must consider before you pick your theme. These factors include-
- Theme Responsiveness
- Availability of updates
- Compatibility with WooCommerce, besides the design.
It is crucial that you choose the right theme, as doing so will not only help you save time but also play a huge role in making your online store a success.
So what are the factors that make the WooCommerce Storefront theme a great option for your online store?
A physical storefront would give you direct access to the products. There’s a salesperson present to inform you of the product’s features. Then there’s a dedicated area for checkout where you can pay with your preferred payment method.
Well, think of WooCommerce Storefront as simply a digital version of the above. It works as an excellent foundation for creating your online store.
It Offers Complete WooCommerce Compatibility
Storefront is designed and developed by WooCommerce developers, and not a third-party developer. It is built to seamlessly integrate with the WooCommerce platform – you can even call it the official WooCommerce theme.
Thus, you can rest assured that it comes with the best functionality and is fully compatible with all the extensions offered by WooCommerce. No downtime and no more conflicts with plug-ins!
It Regularly Updates with the Latest Versions
Both the WooCommerce platform and WordPress are frequently updated with the latest software versions. Since Storefront is maintained by WooCommerce, you will automatically receive regular updates to newer versions as and when they are released.
This means you will not waste any time in trying to resolve any version issues, and Storefront will never be outdated.
It Prioritizes Page Speed
Quicker page load is one of the prerequisites of great online customer experience. If a page loads and opens quickly, your customers are more likely to continue being engaged with your store.
Storefront makes this possible, mainly because it does not include any heavy, non-essential features that would increase the time taken to load a page. It is also important to note here that quicker the load speed, better the website optimization and ranking.
It Has a User-Friendly and Attractive Design
Storefront comes with a simple design and just the right amount of display options to make your online store look aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly.The minimalist design works like a blank canvas, so you can fill your store with your choice of components or extensions. It comes with a homepage template that you can personalize so that your visitors see exactly what you want them to see.
It also comes with built-in payment processing. In short, your store will look good and be fully functional.
It Offers Varied Options for Customization
WooCommerce Storefront offers many layout and colour options along with header styles, button styles, and typography that can be used to customize the look of your online store to suit your brand.
You can use either the WordPress Theme Customiser or a custom plug-in to make these changes. It also has a localization feature that allows your online store to be translated into another language. And what’s more, you don’t need to be a developer or have the expert technical or coding knowledge to manage your store!
It Allows for Real-time Display Changes
Many times, the changes you make in your display take a while to show up on your site. This can create problems in the running of your online store. However, Storefront allows instant changes in just a few clicks, which means you can make changes to the display whenever you want and also see them reflected in real-time.
It Features a Highly Responsive Layout
Today, customers want flexibility in terms of shopping on mobile phones, tablets, or computers. If a theme is not responsive, it might lead to display errors when a customer tries to access it on different devices, which in turn will lead to the loss of potential customers.
WooCommerce Storefront comes with a highly responsive layout – it will adjust to fit any screen size. Your customers will be able to access your online store on whichever device they want, be it a mobile phone or a laptop, without any trouble. Due to its responsive layout, Storefront is also SEO-friendly, which helps reach a wider audience.
It Provides Top-Notch Features Free of Cost
You read it correctly – you can get this extremely versatile theme for free! You can access all the features that can help you get your online store up and running flawlessly at absolutely no cost.
However, Storefront also offers premium features that you can purchase to avail of some add-on capabilities and further enhance the functionality and look of your online store. Some of these paid extensions include:
- Storefront Powerpack: Offers more customizable options to change the look of your
- Storefront Parallax Hero: Adds a hero banner to your homepage to grab the
- customers’ attention
- Storefront Mega Menus: Adds customizable drop-down menus
- Storefront Reviews: Highlights your best customer reviews
It Offers 24*7 Support
Since Storefront has been developed by WooCommerce and is free, you will find that support for all your queries is readily available. Storefront developers have extensively documented its settings, functions, and processes, thereby offering quick and detailed solutions to all your queries.
Alternatively, you can post your questions on the WordPress forum and get an instant response as the community is quite active. Additionally, on purchasing any premium plug-ins from WooCommerce, you will get access to the Helpdesk that lets you open a ticket when you need support.
Any business – small or big, selling digital items online would benefit from the use of the WooCommerce Storefront theme. Whether you are a complete beginner selling items online or an experienced e-commerce professional, WooCommerce Storefront will make your experience as seamless.
No matter where you are on your e-commerce journey, WooCommerce Storefront will take care of all the little things so that you can focus your attention on the bigger things – like building a successful e-commerce business.
Before you go, don't forget to subscribe to our blog.
Our confirmation email includes link to download our app.