What you will be doing:
- Work with a small but highly talented group of engineers working on building the backend of an extremely powerful platform, and solving complex engineering problems at scale.
- Research, evaluate and deploy new tools, technologies, and techniques to improve the quality of the system.
- Develop standard operating procedures by identifying issues and common patterns.
- Mentor and grow junior dev engineers and conduct knowledge sharing sessions to help team learn new technologies and concepts
- Review and influence new evolving design, architecture, standards and methods with stability, maintainability, and scale in mind
What you should have:
- You should have 6+ years of experience in building large backend systems.
- You should be well versed in OOPS concepts, relational databases, restful API development.
- You should understand nuances of distributed systems, scalability and availability.
- You should be good at breaking down complex problems into simpler problems and then creating plans to solve them.
- You should over-communicate, proactively and effectively.
- You should be highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills will be required.
- You should be able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
While we use a lot of technologies and believe in choosing the best technology to solve a given problem, the major technologies currently at use are Java, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Redis. Prior experience with these technologies, especially Java and Postgres, will be a great advantage.